We learn statistical computing from scratch with R/Python.
Time and Venue
Every Tuesday 8:00 — 10:45 from Feb 23 to June 08, 2021 at Room 218, Shahe Main Building
- An Introduction to R
- R Style Guide
- Jones, Owen, Robert Maillardet, and Andrew Robinson. Introduction to scientific programming and simulation using R. CRC Press, 2014.
- Roger D. Peng, Exploratory Data Analysis with R, 2016.
- Pre-recorded teaching videos (in Chinese) are available at 哔哩哔哩(bilibili.com)
Part I: Introduction to R
- Data manipulation | Data Frames with “dplyr”
- Using Packages and Coding Style in R
- Loops and Functions | R Code
- Vectorization and List Arithmetics
- Distributions and Random Numbers | R Code
- Basic R Graphics | Advanced R Graphics| R Code
- Data Import and Export | R Code
- Debugging Profiling and Packaging | R Code
Part II: Optimization and Simulation
- Markov chain Monte Carlo
- Bayesian Inference with MCMC