Assistant Professor, Associate Dean
School of Statistics and Mathematics
Central University of Finance and Economics
102206 Beijing, China
- Ph.D., 2013, Statistics, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- M.S., 2008, Statistics, Dalarna University, Sweden.
- B.S., 2007, Statistics, Renmin University of China.
- Bayesian statistics
- Econometrics and forecasting
- Multivariate statistics
- Distributed statistical modelling and big data
- Déjà vu: forecasting with similarity (with Yanfei Kang, Evangelos Spiliotis, Fotios Petropoulos, Nikolaos Athiniotis, and Vassilios Assimakopoulos)
- Least squares approximation for a distributed system (with Xuening Zhu and Hansheng Wang)
- FFORMPP: Feature-based forecast model performance prediction (with Thiyanga S. Talagala and Yanfei Kang)
- Que será será? The uncertainty estimation of feature-based time series forecasts (with Xiaoqian Wang, Yanfei Kang and Fotios Petropoulos)
- Forecasting with time series imaging (with Xixi Li and Yanfei Kang)
- GRATIS: GeneRAting TIme Series with diverse and controllable characteristics (with Yanfei Kang and Rob J. Hyndman)
Selected Publications 🖺
- Bailey HM, Zuo Y, Li F, et al. (2019) Changes in patterns of mortality rates and years of life lost due to firearms in the United States, 1999 to 2016: A joinpoint analysis. Plos One 14(11): e0225223.
- Li, F., and He, Z. (2019) Credit Risk Clustering in a Business Group: Which Matters More, Systematic or Idiosyncratic Risk? Cogent Economics and Finance, 7(1632528).
- Li, F., and Kang, Y.(2018). Improving forecasting performance using covariate-dependent copula models, International Journal of Forecasting, 34(3), pp. 456-476.
- Li, F., Kalesan, B., Zuo, Y. et. al (2018) Cohort Profile: The MULTI sTUdy Diabetes rEsearch (MULTITUDE) Consortium, BMJ Open, 8(5): e020640.
- Li, F. (2016). Distributed Statistical Computing for Big Data and Case Studies, ISBN：9787300230276
- Li, F. (2013). Bayesian Modeling of Conditional Densities. Ph.D. thesis, Department of Statistics, Stockholm University. ISBN: 978-91-7447-665-1
- Li, F., and Villani, M. (2013). Efficient Bayesian Multivariate Surface Regression, Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, 40(4), pp. 706-723
- Li, F., Villani, M. and Kohn, R. (2011). Modeling Conditional Densities using Finite Smooth Mixtures, Book chapter in Mixture Estimation and Applications (Mengersen, K.L., Robert, C. P. and Titterington, D.M. eds), Wiley.
- Li, F., Villani, M. and Kohn, R. (2010). Flexible Modeling of Conditional Distributions using Smooth Mixtures of Asymmetric Student T Densities, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 140(12), pp. 3638-3654
- The 2014 Cramér Prize, Mar 2014.
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis junior travel award, Jun, 2012.
- Travel grant from The Swedish Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, Aug, 2011.
- Outstanding graduate student, honored by Beijing Municipal Education Commission, Jul, 2007, China.